Monday, April 18, 2016
08:30 AM - 11:45 AM
The purpose of this tutorial is to provide a solid foundation for a successful Data Governance program, by the selection of the right operating model, and through clear definition of roles and responsibilities.
Data Governance Operating Models
- Importance of people and culture in Data Governance
- Understand industry standard Data Governance Models Outcome
- Acquire foundational knowledge of sustainable DG Operating Models
- Understand the need for "fit-for-purpose"
- Understand how to determine the best Operating Model for your company
Data Governance Roles & Responsibilities
- Understand the roles in a Data Governance Program
- Learn about the skills and relationships
- Know the Success Factors for a team
- Understand the roles of the Data Steward & the Data Governance Working Group at the center of the Operating Model
- How to build and sustain a Data Governance Working Group
- Learn about the day to day life of the Data Steward’s role and interactions
- Identify the support functions that enable Data Stewardship
Having worked with the software and systems providers' key to the formulation of Master Data Management (MDM), Kelle O'Neal has played important roles in many of the groundbreaking initiatives that confirm the value of MDM to the enterprise. Recognizing an unmet need for clear guidance on the intricacies of implementing data solutions, she founded First San Francisco Partners. Under her leadership, FSFP immediately established a reputation as the first-call resource for companies looking to tap the value of Enterprise Information Management (EIM), MDM and Data Governance (DG). Kelle developed her ability to work through organizational complexity, build consensus and drive results in senior roles at companies such as Siperian, GoldenGate Software, Siebel Systems and Oracle. Kelle's strong background enables her to provide expert counsel to organizations seeking to execute an EIM, MDM or DG project. Kelle holds degrees from Duke University and the University of Chicago Booth School of Business.